Chucking the 9-5 and living that “pro cyclist” life!

Sometimes (always) in life, you’ve got to grab the proverbial bull by the horns and take a good leap. Today marks an exciting new chapter in my life. I’ve finished up at my previous eCommerce job after over four year growing that business and have jumped in with both feet, now officially working full-time with FulGaz!

Yep, it’s a pro cyclist’s life for me! Haha! Okay so not quite, but it’s a path I’ve been working towards for a number of years now. A lot of puzzle pieces have finally fallen into place. Nobody looks back on their life and thinks, “I wish I’d spent more time working in an office.”

Since quitting the education sector and putting my boots on the ground for Sigma Sports I’ve tried to keep up with the cycling industry and get my “in” so to speak. I’ve kept fine tuning my writing, knocked out the occasional “cash for kit” reviews and made friends and contacts within the industry.

Some people say it’s luck, but I’m a big believer that you make your own luck. Everything I have done has built up to this point and I’ve worked hard to create these opportunities. It’s been a long road, but I’ve got there! Now the real hard work begins… ;-)

23 Comments Add yours

1. The Omil says:

Best of luck to you.

2. Sheree says:

Many congratulations! Wishing you much success and happiness in your new role.

3. Dave Dove says:

Well done! Hope all works out – I’m sure it will!

4. Kevin says:

Best of luck! I’m looking for a Zwift alternative this winter so will take a look at Fulgaz!!

1. Definitely do! There’s a new, much improved version of the app being released in about a month! ;-)

5. Well done. Love that the FULGAZ jersey matches the Trek.

1. Thanks Steve! Now THAT bit was a good stroke of luck, haha!

6. Anthony says:

Congratulations. You put in the hard work and got rewarded. Exactly how it should be.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks. It’s been a journey!

7. does that mean you will be a pro-rider or be working on the cycle racing industry?

1. Just in the industry. I’m about 200 watts short of turning pro, hehehe!

8. Good luck with the new role. Look forward to seeing what you do

9. idlecyclist says:

That’s fab! Congratulations and all the best for the future, just make sure to keep us in the loop here 😉 Good luck 👍

10. ericritter65 says:

awesome dude! Definitely living the dream!

11. alexmwilkins says:

Awesome. Well done 👍

1. Thanks! Going well so far! 🙂

12. loved reading this :)

Liked by 1 person

13. Man, that is cool! I’m in my twentieth year of teaching, so I’m going to need an application soon. LOL

Liked by 1 person

1. Wow that’s commitment! I certainly didn’t last that long in the education game…